The Wahoo Fitness app is designed to keep your TICKR up to date and leverage your smartphone during running, cycling, or other workouts, delivering data-driven power that fuels your training and fitness goals. Get the app now to update your TICKR and get cranking.
The Wahoo TICKR is a heart rate monitor intended for use with iOS and Android devices,
as well as GPS watches over Bluetooth and ANT+ connections. When paired to your device,
the TICKR tracks heart rate, calories, workout time, distance, and pace information.
DOWNLOAD OUR APP
The Wahoo TICKR is designed to work with any Apple device on iOS 11 or newer. To check the iOS version of your Apple device, check out Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
The Wahoo TICKR is designed to work with the Wahoo Fitness app which supports most Bluetooth® compliant Android devices running Android version 6 or newer.
Note: Since Android devices vary widely, compatibility cannot be assured for all devices. Please download and install the Wahoo Fitness Android app from the Google Play Store before purchasing to ensure compatibility.
WINDOWS / MAC
The Wahoo TICKR supports various Windows and Mac applications with Bluetooth and/or ANT+ capabilities. An ANT+ connection is strongly recommended on Windows PCs.
Note: the Wahoo Fitness app (required for important firmware updates) is only available on iOS and Android mobile devices.
3RD PARTY APPLICATIONS
The Wahoo TICKR is compatible with many 3rd party iOS, Android, Windows and Mac apps. For a short list of a few confirmed compatible 3rd party apps, take a look at our partner apps.
- Physical Dimensions (L x W x H): 2.5” x 1.5" x 0.2" (6.3cm x 3cm x 1cm)
- Weight: .6 oz (17 grams) without strap, 1.7oz (48g) with strap
- Battery: CR2032
- Battery Life: Up to 12 months
- Sweat Proof: Yes (hand washable strap)
- Water Rating: IPX7 (waterproof up to 5 ft/1.5m)
- Strap Length: Adjustable from 23" to 48” (58-122cm) stretched
IN THE BOX
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Adjustable soft strap
- CR 2032 Battery (installed)
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Info Guide
TICKR LED INDICATORS
The TICKR Heart Rate Monitor uses a Blue and Red LED to give instant feedback to the user during the pairing process. These LEDs operate for about 30 seconds to conserve battery. The Red LED flashes each time a heartbeat is detected. The Blue LED represents your connection state and has three modes:
- Slow Blink (about once every second): TICKR is awake and not paired
- 4x Flash: Occurs the instant a connection is made.
- Quick Blink (about twice every second): TICKR is paired to a device.
PRODUCT CARE & STORAGE
- Wahoo recommends washing the strap with soap and warm water after use, then hanging to dry completely before next use.
- Do not use strong chemicals or solvents on the strap or pod as these may reduce product longevity.
- To store, simply unbuckle at least one side of the strap to prevent unintended battery drain.
Download the Full Wahoo TICKR Quick Start Guide as a PDF for instructions in English and other languages.
HOW TO WEAR THE TICKR
- Snap the sensor into one side of strap.
- Adjust the strap to fit on your chest snugly, but comfortably.
- Moisten the contact points on the back of the strap with saliva or electrode gel to improve conductivity.
- Wrap the loose end of the strap around your chest and snap into place.
PAIRING TO THE WAHOO FITNESS APP
- Download the Wahoo Fitness app from the App Store.
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app. Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on.
- Wake up your TICKR by wearing it on your chest (or touching both buckle terminals). The TICKR wakes when heartbeats are detected.
- After logging in or creating an account, select Pair or link sensors in the bottom section.
- Select Add New Sensor, then Setup wizard and follow the prompts for TICKR.
- After tapping continue, select your TICKR once it appears.
- Be sure to install any updates, if available, then select Finish Setup to complete pairing.
Your TICKR is now set up and ready for action! To use your TICKR, simply select your workout type on the main workout tab and start a workout. The Wahoo Fitness app will remember this pairing in the future so that next time you can simply wake up your TICKR and start a new workout to begin recording data!
STARTING A WORKOUT
- Make sure the device has Bluetooth turned on so it can communicate with your TICKR.
- Select a workout type on the main Workout page, then tap START WORKOUT.
- Wake up your TICKR by wearing it on your chest. Heartrate is displayed when properly connected.
- Select the green Start button to begin the workout. Information from your TICKR will be recorded on your device.
ENDING A WORKOUT
- To end your workout, simply select the red Pause button.
- Select the red Stop button and either a) Discard Workout b) Save Workout or c) Return to Workout.
- When a workout is saved, the Wahoo Fitness app will automatically display a workout summary.
PAIRING TO ANOTHER APP
The Wahoo TICKR is compatible with a number of third party apps. However, each app connects to sensors a little differently. That stated, the process generally looks like this:
- Open the compatible app you would like to use and navigate to the settings page.
- Look for "connect to sensor" or a similar option.
- Each app must connect your TICKR independently to function properly.
NOTE: Though Bluetooth devices now pair to up to 3 apps at a time, it's always recommended to close any background apps or devices that may still be using the TICKR before connecting to a new app to avoid any possibility of interference.
MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLESHOOTING
REPLACING THE TICKR BATTERY
- Using a coin, remove the back casing of the device by inserting into the depression and turning anti-clockwise to the "unlocked” position.
- Replace the dead battery with a new CR2032 coin cell battery. For best performance and tracking, use a name brand battery such as Panasonic, Duracell, Energizer, etc.
- Replace the back casing and use the coin to turn clockwise to tighten to the "lock” position.
- Additionally, Wahoo does not recommend the use of any battery with a “bitter/child deterrent” coating (specifically, but not limited to those made by Duracell). These batteries are not approved for use Wahoo devices and may only be used at your own risk should you choose to. This coating has the potential to reduce battery performance and may degrade sensor functionality. Wahoo recommends using Panasonic coin-cell batteries or another name brand without a bitter coating for optimal performance and tracking.
STILL HAVING TROUBLE?
Please see our TICKR Troubleshooting Article for steps to solve most common problems.
If you still need help, please Contact Wahoo Support here and we'll be glad to assist! You can also use the Settings > Info + Help > Send support email function from within the Wahoo Fitness app to attach a log with your query, allowing us to better answer your questions.
Have more questions? Visit support.wahoofitness.com for additional support.