The KICKR 142X12 Mountain Bike Adapter is a conversion kit designed to enable mountain bikes of the 12x142mm size to be secured to the KICKR.
NOTE: The KICKR is not compatible with the through axle itself; instead, this adapter kit is used to secure the bike in place. Please watch the installation video before attempting to install yourself (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd25LHeSndY) . This is for 12x142mm bikes only. Not compatible with 12x135, 12x150, or any other through axle system.
This product is shipped with the following:
- Threaded Axle Spacer
- Hub Width Adapter
- Conical Axle Adapter
- Flat Axle Adapter
- XL Quick Release Skewer
- Extended Quick Release Nut
How to install the adapter
NOTE: Before installing the adapter, you will need to remove the existing quick release and R130/M135 hub adapter from your KICKR. Additionally, remove the two springs threaded on the quick release from the adapter kit, as they will not be required.
- Install the 12x142mm hub adapter on the non-drive side (label facing out) of your KICKR. Thread the axle washer on the drive side of your KICKR. Gently tighten with a 17mm wrench if required.
- Lower the bicycle rear dropouts onto the KICKR. Lift the front wheel slightly to ensure the bicycle is seated on the KICKR correctly.
- Select either the conical (a) or flat (b) frame adapter and thread on the quick release skewer before installing on the KICKR with the included skewer nut.
- Lock in place by lifting on the quick release lever.
Having trouble? Contact support for more information.
Product Care Information
Should any of the Adapter parts require cleaning, use a moist soft cloth or similar to re-move any debris.